Welcome to Becca's Heart for FACS Education

From many years ago as member in 4-H and FHA clubs, my love grew for Home Economics-arts and teaching. As a certified FACS teacher of grades 6-12 in Illinois, I have a passion for all things home, family, and community related!

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sewing inspired paper crafting projects made July 2019

I love all things home economics related including using sewing supplies to add mixed media elements to crafting projects! Two July cards and 1 April/May card:


#1
Like black thread double-stranded and tied around the top of this digital image's string=



***

#2
For this next card project, the challenge blog's theme option was patchwork! Since I love quilts (that others have made because I don't think I have the patience to do a large project), I wanted to do patchwork and decided to have 1" squares going around the perimeter of the card. However to get the base cardstock color included I left the corner spots open. The other theme option was outer space. For this Peter Pan image that I needed to use for the design team commitment, I tried to give the card an island adventure vibe.

Isn't that just the cutest card!?!!!

***
#3
This next project goes back to late April or May using a dark navy glitter felt accent=


For this particular project, the image was required to be used for a design team commitment. The theme option was using items starting with "m". I've included music decorative tape, M for marvelous, midnight blue, magenta, and half moon/circle shape.

How are you using sewing-related products for non-sewing projects? My challenge question for current FACS teachers is: How are you inspiring your students to use sewing supplies? Traditional ways? Un-traditional usages?

Loving all aspects of Family and Consumer Sciences,
Becca S






No comments:

Post a Comment