Welcome to Becca's Heart for FACS Education

From many years ago as member in 4-H and FHA clubs, my love grew for Home Economics-arts and teaching. As a certified FACS teacher of grades 6-12 in Illinois, I have a passion for all things home, family, and community related!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Tidbits for consumer education on using Answer Garden and a Scholastic Choices Feb 2018 article on teen money matters

I'm getting close to finishing an online professional development course on using digital technology for assessments. For last week's module we were to investigate 10 digital tools as a possibility to use one or two in a new assessment lesson plan. So with my husband being in the hospital during the module time, I'm trying to catch up now and decided to create a quick blog post to share my personal exploring of digital technology uses in Answer Garden for consumer education (financial literacy) content.

I've create 3 sample assessment questions about teens knowledge on money management practices using Answer Garden.

https://answergarden.ch/717045 for question one

https://answergarden.ch/717042 for question two

https://answergarden.ch/717040 for question three


Another connection for my potential lesson plan is to use this article:

Scholastic Choices for February 2018 has an article titled Teens Just Wanna Have Funds with a Lexile level of 1150L. I was able to access the teacher guide page but not to save or bookmark the actual article, however by visiting the site it should be able to be read.

My Answer Garden question three link up above is a paraphrase of the essential question from the teacher guide:
"Why is it important to start practicing good financial health while I'm still a teenager?"

The teacher guide has these parts to the resource page:
a. summary paragraph
b. essential question (already shared just above here)
c. objectives
d. Health Ed standard
e. Key vocabulary
f. close reading questions (3)
g. critical thinking questions (3)
h. classroom activities (2: making connections/NHES 3 and a watch and learn/NHES 5 & 6)

This resource guide page is T7.

That's what I've developed thus far. Hopefully as other FACS teachers read this, they will explore Answer Garden and see how they might be able to use this digital tool as a resource in their classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment