Welcome to Becca's Heart for FACS Education

From many years ago as member in 4-H and FHA clubs, my love grew for Home Economics-arts and teaching. As a certified FACS teacher of grades 6-12 in Illinois, I have a passion for all things home, family, and community related!

Friday, July 8, 2016

Life preservers: Starting entries for Intro to FACS interactive notebook

Acrostic "poem" could double as a title page

Students will receive just the typed form and can then INTERACT with it by trimming it down with decorative edge scissors and adding color with their responses. I plan for this to be done on Day 1 with brainstorming and collaborating going on around the room. Intro to FACS is my last class of the day, so I hope this will be a fun active way to start the school year for them.




2 fives with their hand tracings: 5 behaviors or attitudes accepted at home and 5 behaviors or attitudes they expect to see in the FACS classroom=

These two entries will be great for me to read during the first few days of schools by allowing to "see into their minds".

As you might be able to see by the paper, I am using composition notebooks. I've pre-numbered the first 50 pages and plan to do mine chronologically. I plan to include reflective pieces along with the teacher-provided notes, worksheets, handouts, quizzes, etc. For Foods I and Culinary Arts classes and when Intro to FACS has food labs, I think I might have them tab the recipe entries, so if they keep their notebooks for years to come they can quickly flip to the recipes. Just thinking phase now for that...wait and see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment