Welcome to Becca's Heart for FACS Education

From many years ago as member in 4-H and FHA clubs, my love grew for Home Economics-arts and teaching. As a certified FACS teacher of grades 6-12 in Illinois, I have a passion for all things home, family, and community related!

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Morsels--New kitchen unit memo boards

Color coordinating

Kitchen laboratory zones work well to be organized by color. When students get assigned to a particular unit area, they are taught to keep their items in their assigned space. 

However that will vary for the Foods II/Culinary Arts students when I allow more creativity for table setting to mix and match. The stipulation is that when clean-up is completed, everything gets returned to its proper home.

Here are the new small cork boards created for Fall 2016:


The boards were purchased at a local Dollar Tree along with 2 sets of watercolor paints and some extra brushes for $8 plus tax. I already had a black permanent marker to draw large number profiles in the center of each board. While the paint was drying I thought I'd might need to do a 2nd coat, but overnight drying worked great and I'm super psyched about these being not only eye-catching but setting the tone for the food lab units' organization.


No comments:

Post a Comment